Well, it’s not really a snow day. I only had one class this morning and it went on as scheduled. It’s not like Maryland, where I grew up, where an inch of snow would cause everything to spin into chaos and disorder, closing schools, the DC metro and even some (smaller) businesses. But in any case, I taught my one class and now it’s Feierabend for me, so I’m going to pretend I didn’t work at all and that I can stay in and watch the snow flurries fall. (It’s not even snowing that much, but now that I can stay at home and relax in my warm apartment, it somehow feels more romantic!)
So here’s how I’ll be spending my “snow day”:
- Lounging around in fleece leggings and my robe (from H&M, but it’s not on their site anymore).
- Drinking homemade hot apple cider out of these lovely monogrammed mugs Lauren gave us for the wedding.
- Watching old Friends episodes (I’m currently on season 6, doing my yearly Friends marathon)
- Burning the Twisted Peppermint candle my sister-in-law gave me for my birthday/Christmas
- Enjoying time with Tobias before he leaves for the weekend for orchestra practice
Happy snow day & happy Friday!