Well, it’s been a wonderful 2 and a half weeks! My brother Jon and his girlfriend Jaimie were here on spring break. It was their first time to Paris, so I got to play tour guide and see pretty much all of Paris’s major sites.
Jon & Jamie – they are such a cute, happy couple!
Some highlights of their trip:
- Going all the way up to the 3rd level of the Eiffel Tower
- Montmartre and Sacré Coeur
- La Défense & playing around in the gorgeous weather
- Hanging out with my friends, trying new alcoholic beverages and drinking games
- Day trip to Versailles
- Amorino gelato (3 times)
- Live jazz and dinner at a brasserie in Saint-Germain
- Rick Steves’ Paris 2010 guidebook & tours
- Notre-Dame and its archaeological crypt
- Using the public sidewalk toilets
- Centre Pompidou (modern art museum)
- Taking two stop motion “movies”
- Napoleon’s Tomb and the Army Museum
Jaimie, Jon and I near La Défense
That list is certainly not exhaustive – and I am sure Jon and Jaimie remember other things. There’s nothing like experiencing a country for the first time. Everything seems so new, so different. They kept making comments about things (cars, brands, you name it) that to me have become “normal”-looking, and it made me realize how much I’ve become at home here in Europe.
my brother and I in front of the Eiffel Tower
Most of you have probably seen this video on facebook, but here is our first stop-motion video. I am currently editing the second one, finding good music for it…and will show it off soon! 🙂
It is now springtime, and it’s starting to look and feel a lot more like it. That makes me so incredibly happy. I love spring and fall – the transition seasons – because the change in weather is so exciting and beautiful.
As of yesterday, the leaves on the trees have started to appear. By the time Tobias arrives on April 2nd, Paris will be in full bloom. How very lovely!
“Bring it on, spring!”