I can’t even remember the last time we went to IKEA. So I’m thinking that a trip there is long overdue.
Recently, my friend Ariane was talking about how she hates to drive and how her boyfriend uses that against her every time she suggests going to IKEA. “Of course you can go to IKEA,” he says, “just take the car!” Hah – those tricky boys who don’t really want to go shopping. And she said her other friend had the same exact conversation with her own guy, so that’s when Ariane got to thinking and decided to someday make a girls’ trip to IKEA. We’ll all pile into their big van and take an all-day trip to the land of cheap Swedish design wonders. With Köttbullar for lunch in the cafeteria, of course!
So totally there! Count me in!
So in preparation for our upcoming trip, I browsed a bit on the online catalog and have made a mental checklist of things to put in my cart next time!
2. Three more LACK shelves
(9,99€) in white to make our current shelves double-decker for more storage!
4. I’m kind of in love with this IKEA PS 2012
coffee table (39€). It’s turquoise AND it has wheels. Drool…
5. This metal IKEA PS cabinet
(69€) in white is awesome but unfortunately unrealistic for our living room. We do, however, need some more storage space for the living room and have been brainstorming on that for a while now.
6. A new cutting board. We have the LÄMPLIG
(9,99€) which is fine when we’re working at the table, but it’s a little bit too big for our counter and therefore sometimes a bit unmanageable. I’m thinking something like this KRAFTIG cutting board
(16,99€) and staining it a darker wood color.
7. We need a new can opener, since ours broke. So this IKEA 365+ VÄRDEFULL
one (4,99€) will be a nice replacement.
8. I want this PLASTIS ice cube tray
(0,99€) so I can make heart-shaped ice cubes! Not that we use ice cubes all that often…
9. Various sizes of the KORKEN
glass jars (various prices) are the perfect way to improve our storage options in the pantry.
10. We could definitely use some new kitchen towels to replace our old ones that are looking a bit dirty. Besides, you can never have too many kitchen towels! My favorites are IRIS (2,99€) for the lovely colors, & JULKUL (4,49€) for the romantic hearts. Dang! Missed them – neither of these are available anymore.
11. Although we do NOT need any egg cups, these are SO cute I might have to get them anyway. (Little-known fact: egg cups always work well as extra shot glasses in case there’s a big party!) ENSKILD egg cups (1,99€) Missed these, too! I saved the images a week or two ago. Blogger fail! Oh well. As I said, we don’t need these anyway.
13. OMG. Tobias and I are both absolutely perplexed about what has happened to our silverware. We’re beginning to think that our friends are playing an elaborate trick on us and take one home with them every time they visit, because where has all our silverware gone
!?!? It’s slowly disappearing. So the next time I go to IKEA I am definitely
going to buy two
sets of silverware so we never run out again. DATA
14. Trays. You can never have too many trays, right? My favorites are the purple BÄRBAR tray
(3,99€) and this birch SKALA tray
15. More KASSETT
storage boxes! All sizes, all prices! In white!
16. This MOPPE
mini dresser (14,99€) is just begging for a restyle!
metal trash can (12,99€) I can’t decide which one I like better – yellow or teal? Or a classic white?
Disclaimer: I have not been paid or perked for this post. (Oooh, alliteration!) I’m just an IKEA fan and in the mood for some shopping!