We all have our quirks. And today I’m here to share mine. Not an exhaustive list, by all means, but these are the first that came to mind: 7 quirky things about me!
1. The only light in our bedroom is by my nightstand, so I am always the one to turn it off at night before we go to sleep. I like to reach over and put my hand on the switch, then look back at Tobi before switching off the light so that the last thing I see in the light is my sweet husband.
2. I have a nub in between my two front teeth that sometimes makes it feel like food is stuck in there, even when there isn’t any.
3. I’m a lot more afraid of spiders now than I used to be.
4. Whenever I twist-tie something (like a loaf of bread in a bag), I put the tie around it and then swing the bag around instead of the tie itself. (Do you know what I’m talking about!? If not, I may have to video this to show you what I mean!)
5. It’s hard for me to do work if my desk is messy. But sometimes, I use cleaning up my desk as a procrastination method to avoid doing work. Clever.
6. This happens a lot less now that I don’t speak French on a regular basis, but sometimes when I’m speaking German and can’t think of a word, a French word will come to mind before the English word.
7. I take a taxi four times a week, graciously paid for by my boss. After using the same company for about 3 years now, I’m almost even “friends” with the drivers. Except every single time, I still feel socially awkward while having small talk with them!
Now it’s your turn! If you’re brave enough, share your own quirks in the comments! I’d love to be quirky together!