I was writing the following post and wanted to add a picture when I noticed that it didn’t work… And then had a total breakdown. All I could do was sob. So much work. So many years. Ruined. I am so very disappointed. The only way to fix it is to pay $399 per year for third-party hosting – like they’re holding my photos hostage – for a service that used to be marketed as free.
Anyway. It seems silly to have written this post and not actually post it. But the joy of it has been taken away. I don’t know what to do. But here it is, anyway. For the rest, gucken wir weiter. We will see. It’s like they’ve stolen my diary and ripped all of the pictures out. The words are still there, of course, but I can’t see which pictures I posted onto which posts. Just awful. I’m not a professional blogger at all…this is just my hobby. So I never really looked into private hosting. Now I see that that was a mistake, but how could I have known? Disillusioned. Disappointed. Distraught. I guess I need this post about Vorfreude more than ever.
In German, there’s an expression that goes like this: Vorfreude ist die schönste Freude. The greatest joy lies in the anticipation. Vorfreude is like before-joy. The joy you feel before something you’re excited about. Like sometimes it’s nicer planning a party than it is being there on the actual day! You know what I mean, right?
What are you currently looking forward to?
Today has been another day where it just feels like I’m fighting through the day. In an effort to try to think positive thoughts, I thought I’d take a moment and jot down some things I’m looking forward to.
1. Seeing my family in the US – 14 more days.
2. Avi sleeping through the night – TBA. A backhanded positive, because it gives me a chance to complain about the fact that he still doesn’t sleep. Ha. But I do look forward to the day…and pray it is soon.
3. Christmas. Because I love Christmas. 😉
4. Eating the chia seed pudding I made – will be ready tomorrow! I absolutely adore chia seeds right now, and I bought three packages on my trip to the grocery store today.
5. Theo being fully potty trained. He suddenly showed some interest this weekend and even wore his underwear to the Kita today for the first time. (Teacher said he did well going #1, but then handed me a plastic bag full of underwear, pants and #2. Sigh. Par for the course, right?)
6. Breakfast tomorrow morning. Because I love breakfast. Coffee. Ahh, coffee.
7. There’s some lemon sorbet in the freezer.
8. Speaking of lemon sorbet…FUDGESICLES IN THE US. Can’t wait! Going to binge eat them after the kids go to bed every night.
9. Real summer. Because Hamburg likes to call this summer, but it’s not hot enough for me. Hope it’s nice and hot in the US!
Having 9 things on a list seems unfinished somehow. Like…come on…can’t think of one more thing to make it a nice, even 10?
Well, not tonight, folks. So maybe you can tell me something you’re feeling some Vorfreude for to round off my list? I’d love it if you’d share!